Frequently Asked Questions
Please check your size before you buy your underwear, the teen sizes are different from standard sizing - or just buy one pair first to ensure you get the right size and then you can upgrade to one of our bundles.
Rinse your briefs with cold water as soon as you can after removal until the water starts to run clear. Pop them in a Washbag, this will help them last longer, with the rest of your washing and wash with like colours on a cold water cycle (max 30 degrees). Then rely on Muma Earth to line dry them. Did you know sunlight has natural anti-microbial properties that are good for your undies?
- Soak (this will ruin their technology)
- Add softener or bleach when washing them
- Tumble dry
- Dry clean
This really depends on you and your flow. If you use them exclusively, we would suggest 7-10 pairs of Period Underwear in a single cycle. If you use them with other sanitary products as back-up around 3-5 pairs. Consider a bundle and save.
The most important factor in choosing the right cup is knowing your cervix height. You need check this for every day during your period as your cervix can move. Once you know your cervix height you can have a good idea of what menstrual cup "height" you will need. Please see below video on how to find and measure your cervix.
Here are the height measurements of MyCup.
- MyCup Size 0 (cup part only) height: 44.5 mm
- MyCup Size 1 (cup part only) height: 44.5 mm
- MyCup Size 2 (cup part only) height: 51 mm
The general rules of thumb for width size as follows:
- Petite tampons only → MyCup Size 0
- Petite and Small tampons only → MyCup Size 0
- Small and Regular Tampons → MyCup Size 0 and/or My Cup Size 1
- Regular Tampons only → MyCup Size 1
- Regular and Super Tampons → MyCup Size 1 and/or My Cup Size 2
- Super Tampons only → MyCup Size 2
- Wash your pad before use (this helps with absorbency for the first time you use)
- Place pad, pattern facing down, on the inside of your underwear.
- Fold wings around the outside and snap them closed.
- Change pad at least every 3-4 hours.
Wearing another pair of underwear over the top helps keep your pad in place.
- Rinse your pad in cool water until the water runs clear OR soak in cool water overnight (no warmer than 30 degrees)
- Hand wash with a gentle detergent in lukewarm water OR machine wash on gentle.
- For stubborn stains, work a little laundry soap into the fabric prior to washing.
- Line dry in sunshine if possible.
DO NOT use hot water, DO NOT use a dryer (This could destroy the waterproof layer)